Originally Posted by idahochukar2
I'm just beginning to wonder what weight you guys carry in these backpacs when hunting? I would occasionally make a spike camp out of my main camp where I would carry maybe 40#s of gear to the main camp. On a spike camp I'd carry my sleeping bag, food for a day and a plasitc sheet to hang b/t two trees. Fir boughs on the ground and I'd be fine.

I traded in my horse for a Rokon and now I'm in heaven at 64. What the hell is an Ipod? You're there in nature but can't give up what you left in civilization??? This is just crazy to me. Slow down for Christ's sake. You're there to enjoy what nature provides and if you regard happiness solely with a six point, then I feel sorry for you.

Jake, hope all is going well, sensing a little hostility here. To answer your questions, I've nevered weighed my hunting pack but go through it before every hunt with a goal to make it as light as possible - never been caught out in the woods overnight but have returned to camp awfully late. I hunted for many years off a motorcycle spike camp, it take me two trips to haul my gear in and I'm guessing 50-60 pounds total but thats with a 4 man tent, tarp, large sleeping pad, stove,etc. I enjoy riding my bike and could see no reason to jam it all into one trip.

An Ipod is a solid state music player, sort of the current generation Walkman. FWIW, I don't like sitting in a tent when its pouring down rain and a little music is relaxing.

I have no clue what you mean by, "...if you regard happiness solely with a six point, then I feel sorry for you." Care to enlighten me? confused

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein