Those sparkers are available in a small plastic container with tinder tabs from backpackinglight.com.

I got to thinking once about the conditions under which you might need a kit...some of which might occur without a backpack (e.g., after an unexpected fall in a river that meant shucking your pack to swim, or after a bear has destroyed your pack and generally buggered up your day). And so I have started to look for sheaths that have a loop for a ferro rod, and I put together a very small kit (3.5"x5"x1.1", bigger than an Altoids tin, but not a lot) with:
spare eyeglasses
signal mirror (to be replaced with Mylar tape on lid)
quart Ziploc bag for water, etc.
sandwich size Ziploc for food, tinder, whatever.
prophylactic for water (seriously, now)
butate lighter with duct tape, needle, and forcep blade under wraps. O-ring under fuel lever prevents accidental discharge.
thin whistle
some floss
button Brunton compass
sparker/tinder kit in box (backpackinglight.com, fourseasonssurvival.com)
small Kershaw knife
Potable Aqua chorine dioxide tabs (7 or more)
two larger needles, sealed in tape, for repair.

The container is aluminum and can be cooked in. The lid is o-ringed. It was not cheap ($25), but it's a great size, and I don't want my core gear crushed or wet. I got it from some aviation survival gear company on the Internet.

On the outside I have rubber bands securing a very thin plastic painter's drop cloth, a contractor's trash bag, and about 30' of a thin, waxed, braided nylon cord I got from an arborist supply house.

This rig easily slips into a pocket and is always on my person in the backcountry. I carry additional stuff (first aid kit, ID sil poncho, mylar Space Blanket sleeping bag, food, better compass, better knife, better water purification, ferro rod, more cord, wire saw, shell clothing, hat) in my fanny or back pack, but unless badly hurt I'd be in pretty reasonable shape with the small one. Bug dope, headnet, and half flare are only carried in specialized conditions.

This is all mildly anal, but I've spent a few unplanned nights out. The ones during which I could get good sleep were a lot easier and, I suspect, safer.

I like the sound of that Celox. I do carry Liquid Bandage or whatever they call that Crazy Glue stuff. Another item I really like in the med kit is 3M Micropore paper tape. It has replaced both cloth tape and moleskin and would certainly serve in some repairs. Good stuff. Some of my climbing and high mileage friends like something called Leukotape P better. I found some on the Internet and got it, but I haven't used it yet.