I
Originally Posted by alligator
More then welcome.

His Freedom Shelters and bags are per person on all US Army aircraft, his bags are vacuum sealed in ejection seats in Alaska as is his "walking sleeping bag" (with mittens and mukluks), his hypothermia bag has US and Canadian NSN's, and his B-52 survival system is on... Life Support Equipment under the guise of recreational gear.

Considering the seeming "randomness" of events, and the fact that with his bag, a GOOD pad, a tarp, water and peanut butter (rapid burn calories and slow burn fats), you've just done about everything you can to stock the odds in your favor. There are folk that say and I absolutely agree, your sleeping bag, is the single most important piece of your survival. Choose wisely.

The summer weight Freedom bag was a considered decision, less insulation compresses smaller. All his stuff is good for 10-20 degrees below his rating, and his Freedom bag can be used as a coat, poncho liner or blanket. The liners when combined are purportedly good to around -50. Now add the bag if necessary.

I'm out of work sick, sitting here typing, probably have a fever, thermostat set 68-70, I'm cold, so I have his "sweater" on. 3oz. Lamalite, good to about 20 degrees, and I'm comfortable. It's all about the unimpeded passage of water vapor.

Max compression ( he don't sell storage bags) forever, without loss of loft, bomb proof construction and zippers, no loss of function when wet. No where else. Life Support Gear.

Regards, Jim

10-20 degrees below rating? That’s a laugh. Is your name Jerry by chance? Jerry doesn’t does not stand behind his warranty.