I'm with TENTMAN here, we both hunt the wettest forest in the world as far as I know, and NZ hunting is all backpack hunting, you more or less have to be mentally prepared at least for a night out whenever you go. Ive done it and most everybody else has as well.

You guys seem way over geared. Just my impression.

Your hunting gear IS your survival gear.

As others have said - Wool clothing is the best. Even when its wet its still warm.

No cotton, and for me - no fleece.

Take a small flysheet, (I use the small one off a hennesey hammock sometimes. A fire kit for me is matches, lighter, the same strips of inner tube rubber that Tentman mentioned, and half a candle.
Build as big a fire as you can. Make a cup of tea. I carry a tin cup tea and suger in my dayback. One must have ones tea you know...

But as he mentioned, you have to decide early that your out for the night, stumbling around in the dark limits your ability to do anything, and you shouldnt be doing it, thats when you break your ankle, or fall over a bluff you can't see, and get in real trouble.

A wet night out is no big deal unless your hurt, or get so stressed you get silly and you park up in a stupid place. Apart from the uncomfortable boredom and misery, but it doesnt matter what you do your going to have that.
All you do is sit there and bear it and wait for the dawn. They will be the longest nights of your life.

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain