Originally Posted by BC30cal
APDDSN0864;
Top of the morning to you Ed, it's been much too long since I've said hello to you. I trust all is as well as can be what with all the strange days we're finding ourselves in.

I believe you might know I have a few members of my immediate family who are ordained ministers or have been involved in overseas missions, so I was at least able to observe the plusses and minuses first - second?? - hand.

IF church is done right, I believe that it should have a greater impact on the community around it than it might could do as individuals.

I've been involved with churches which in my opinion did that and some which didn't seem to.

We're told not to stop meeting with our fellow believers as well, so I'd say that's likely a good goal as well, should we decide to opt out of formal church attendance.

None of this should be taken that I've got any of this figured out Ed, it's merely where I'm at in the journey and nothing more.

All the best to you all this year.

Dwayne

Dwayne,

Good day to you, sir! It's always a pleasure to read your posts and get your perspective. This "communication" medium is fairly good at passing on information, but it leaves a lot to be desired!

Too many people see Christianity and believe it to mean the same thing as "religion" and/or "church". They can contain elements of each other, but they carry their own separate meanings and it does make a difference!

My points, and problems, are with religion, not the "church". I will agree, there are many churches and churchgoers who walk the talk as it is intended. We are, indeed to NOT forsake the gathering of believers. We are the "ekklesia" aka "The Body of Christ" and as such are called to be a blessing to others through fellowship. Included in that "others" are believers and non-believers.

We endanger our own relationship with our Creator when we engage in "religion" for then it becomes all about us and our righteousness. We are called on to focus on our own relationship with God through Christ, not submit to "legalism".

I'm with you, Dwayne, it's a journey! For me, it just keep getting better and better!

Take care and let's stay in touch!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell