Originally Posted by BubbaG
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by BubbaG
Christianity is becoming more and more associated with politics and allot of people don't like it.

If Christians do not get involved in politics, do you think we even have any chance of making a difference, or are we just supposed to sit back, suck our thumbs and cry a lot?

This nation was founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs and it is those same beliefs that have been neglected and diminished, leading us to where we are now. We need to get involved at even the lowest levels of politics and start making changes.

Again...do NOT mistake religion with relationships with God! A Theocracy, which is government based on religion, is just another form of tyranny. It is the principles of Christianity that we must uphold.

Ed

I am not saying christians can't get involved in politics. Everyone should vote their conscience. Its when religious leaders tell people how to vote. They should be teaching people God's word and allowing those people to decide on their own. 61% of the American population supports legalized abortion. You tell people they can't feel that way and be a christian, they are likely to say fine I am not a christian. You say that theocracy is just another form of tyranny which I agree with completely but it almost seems like that is the end goal of some.

Everyone should be "Kingdom" voters. (meaning read, and seek to understand, the word that explains the path to the kingdom of God) Everyone voting their conscience, within a world view that teaches no illumination of conscience only an "individuals" conscience might be why we see the American society leaning to Amorality.