Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by DBT
Religion tells us to believe.

Actually , religion allows you to believe. It puts forth a premise for you to accept or reject.

There may be a religion that says you must believe these parameters , but Ive yet to hear of it.

Why are there laws of physics?

Religion allows us to believe?

Do you believe in Islam's teachings? Do you believe in Mohommad as a prophet of god? The gods of Hinduism?

The point is; why do you believe? What is reason or justification for believing?

My beliefs arent inclusive of the teachings of the two you mention.
I am allowed to believe or not to codify their teachings within my beliefs.
I may include or not include anything to do with a creator in what I have or dont have reverence for.

I choose to be in reverential awe of an entity I believe created the universe .... for personal reasons. I am not ashamed of the Gospel of The Second Component (Yeshua) of the Triune God. I just choose to keep the reason I believe it to myself.

If for no other reason (and this isnt the reason) Science consistently falls short of explaining beyond the mechanical aspect(s) of creation. The big "why" is never defined. Likely having to do with it being unexplainable ?

Example:Scientific Article

Its an old article but still relatively valid.

If you visit the link, a very cool little window with a cheaply produced video appears having to do with particle acceleration. Pay close attention to the end.

Science is not in the business of teaching about things that are a matter of faith. If someone teaches that the world is being manifested by the creative principle called Brahman, determining the truth of this isneither a matter of science or philosophy because it cannot be tested.

The same for the bible, where its supernatural claims are written on parchment, taught in church or schools, but cannot be tested or verified, therefore a matter of faith.

The problem with faith is that it has a poor track record when it comes to understanding the world as it is.

Something that was recognized long ago:

"Faith is like a piece of blank paper whereon you may write as well one miracle as another." ~ Charles Blount (1654-1693)