Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Honestly, it sounds like BS. Some sins should never be forgiven.
Fair enough, but we aren't The Father. The Father wants everybody to be with Him, joyous in Heaven. it's what we are made for.

God didnt have to allow his kid to die just so he could forgive us.
I don't think God "allowed" it so much as Jesus gave it.
If true, he could just forgive us, correct?
Some minds far better than mine believe that. But I don't. There are rules that even God can't violate. For example, God cannot make mistakes. He can't sleep. There are more, but remember, God is an infinite being. He is infinite love, truth, and beauty. He can't violate that. He can't be "non-infinite". And when we see these "rules" about sacrifice, we are seeing expressions of that infinity. For instance, an imperfect example would be why a fireman can't save a fire victim just by standing outside the burning house. Likewise, when we victims are surrounded, overcome by sin & death, Christ had to get in the midst of all that. To conquer death, He actually had to die and resurrect.

I fail to understand why allowing your own kid to hang on a cross is a sacrifice for anything if you control the existence of man.
But then, guess he doesnt control anything due to free will.
Yes, I think you are correct. At least He doesn't control us like marionettes. He'll intervene, but generally not in opposition to our wills. What Christ did, He did on His own free will.

As I said, this is something of a mystery, something we can meditate on. And it brings up another related mystery. Why did God require the Israelites not only to kill a spotless lamb, but to spread it's blood on their wooden doorframes and eat it's flesh so that God's angel of death would pass over their homes?

Politics is War by Other Means