Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I struggle with faith every day. I want there to be a god but my common sense side reminds me organized religion is the biggest farce ever created by mankind. Churches simply suck and most members are cliquish to say the least. Every religion believes it is their way or the highway.
If there is one god and perfect religion who is to say which one it is?
My God is still living, those others are dead.
And this attitude is the problem right here folks.
People smugly spouting bullshit they cannot back up.
How does one "back up" a conviction based on faith?
By cutting off your head if you don't agree.
Among the many faithful Christians encountered to date, I have never seen such beheading.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by antlers
Why do you men think people are leaving it nowadays…? What are some of the reasons that you men think people simply don’t believe it anymore, or no longer find it attractive…?
Western Christianity is empty, hollow, in disarray and has little offer. Anytime there's a fracture within a congregation, any jack-ass with a Bible under their arm can call themselves a "preacher" and is free to go out and reinvent it in their own image and start a new "church". Everytime that happens, it dilutes what The Church was supposed to be and becomes another degree removed from it.
Please answer two inquiries. What is Western Christianity? What is the core definition of what "the church was supposed to be"? Thanks.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron