Originally Posted by Willto
Sheesh... Matthew was a disciple, Mark was a disciple, John was a disciple and wrote 5 books of the NT.

So you still believe the Gospels were written by the person whose name they bear. I got some sad news for ya.

Yep, I believe that. Matthew was a tax collector and was chosen by Jesus as one of the twelve disciples. Mark was a frequent companion with Peter during the formation of the early church after Christ's resurrection. Luke was a doctor and was a frequent companion with Paul whose main task was to bring the gospel to the Gentiles. And John was "the disciple Jesus loved" describes the purpose of his magnificent gospel thusly:

The disciples saw Jesus do many other miraculous signs in addition to the ones recorded in this book. But these are written so that you may continue to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing in Him you will have life by the power of His name.

And this:

This disciple is the one who testifies to these events and has recorded them here. And we know that his account of the things is accurate.

So yep, I believe the Bible. I believe when John says he was the author, he was the author. Someone, cooks up some story on why these early believers weren't the authors, doesn't mean squat to me or any other bible believing Christian.

God bless you all, may those who believe grow stronger in your faith, and may those who don't please listen.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."