Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by DBT
The facts are simple, Christianity as with any other religion, rests on faith. Religion is a matter of faith, not facts, science or philosophical inquiry...

belief in science isnt an act of faith? seriously?

Yes, seriously. Faith and science are opposites. Science requires actual observations, questioning, testing and verifying results, embracing falsification.....faith on the other hand involves believing what is written in old scrolls by people who had a far poorer understanding of the world and its place in the Cosmos.

No, nothing like the same. Not even close.

I will note again, that you are using your own self serving definition of “faith.”

No, I am not. You first note and your every 'note' following is a poor rationale in defense of faith: just as it is defined in the dictionary in relation to religion and in Hebrews (a self justifying belief).

Seems we have gone over this in the past and you refuse to accept a biblical definition of faith and where faith originates from.

We have gone over it multiple times. You were wrong the first time and wrong every time you offered your flawed rationale.

Faith is not “….believing what is written in old scrolls by people who had poor understanding….the Cosmos.”

Holy Smokes....something is believed, Be it Christian theology or what is written in the Quran, GIta or whatever.....as there is no evidence to support extraordinary supernatural claims, these beliefs are a matter of faith....they are believed on faith/

Which is why a religion is called a faith.

As I have told you before, you do not characterize Christian doctrine accurately….I conclude you are either ignorant or being purposefully deceitful….. perhaps both.

No, that's you. You keep insisting on things that have been debunked over and over, you do it regardless of any evidence or explanation.

faith (feɪθ)
n
1. strong or unshakeable belief in something, esp without proof or evidence
2. a specific system of religious beliefs: the Jewish faith.
3. (Theology) Christianity trust in God and in his actions and promises
4. (Theology) a conviction of the truth of certain doctrines of religion, esp when this is not based on reason

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/faith