Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Agreed. How do you reconcile this rebuke if the pastor is to determine sin based on his own heart compass?
A violation of his employment agreement is a violation of his employment agreement. Period. In this particular hypothetical situation, the pastor is clearly ignoring the teachings of scripture just as he is ignoring his God-given moral compass.

Originally Posted by antlers
Antlers, how do you define sin?
I think that ‘sin’ is intentionally doing something that you inherently know to be wrong.
Where should one go for reference?
Do ‘you’ need a “reference” to tell you that the intentionally wrong thing that you’re doing is ‘wrong’…?
When Jesus spoke of Sin, what was he referring to?
I think that He was referring to one intentionally doing something that one inherently knows to be wrong.

Antlers, these two post seem to contradict one another but I could be missing something.

You defined sin as intentionally doing something that one inherently knows is wrong. You said nothing of scripture. Then when asked for a reference for sin, you doubled down on your position and responded with a question, should we need a reference, which still ignored scripture. Then you say the pastor is clearly ignoring scripture. No where in your definition of sin was scripture mentioned. You also say the pastor is ignoring his moral compass? We certainly have no insight into the mans mind and his personal dealings with God.