Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I just don’t get it. A real, compassionate god would never allow young children and infants to be sexually abused, period. An infant can’t protect themself but if there was a real god he certainly could protect the kids.
Why would god toss an infant under the bus? And potentially ruin their life for decades to follow?

SW,

I appreciate your honest and straightforward comments on what a “….real, compassionate god….” may or may not do.

There are a few viewpoints that have been relevant to me.

One is that God does indeed know our hearts. Each one of us…. He knows and at our judgment, He will judge honestly and correctly.

Having said that, I was one that was convinced that I was “OK” with God but later came to realize that I had created a “model” in my mind that was of my own design and making.

And of course, I judged myself to be “worthy” of God’s mercy. “Sure to pass and be found acceptable to God.”

This model does not pass a simple intellectual test….. I observed that almost everyone I knew had constructed their own model and that their models were, in some cases, very different from mine. Some that I met were, as best I could describe were uncaring criminals….. some were child molesters that did not seem the wrong in it.

Simply put some of the “judgment models” allowed for clearly wrong behavior …. Some models required “better” behaviors than my own model…..a model that I somehow convinced myself would be the one used on me and in my mind, I was sure to pass.

The problem was sin and that sin was mostly pride….. pride that I had in myself….. I was convinced that I was a “pretty good guy.”

Turns out I wasn’t such a good guy when I was confronted with my own failures and sin.

Anyway, that’s enough for now.

Btw…. A pretty strong biblical case can be made that there is an “age of accountability” and children and babies are not held accountable before that age….they go straight into the arms of God in Heaven.

For some of you….. no, this is not a justification for abortion. God is sovereign.

Last edited by TF49; 01/30/23.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”