Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Did you see the "Big Bang"?
God and the Big Bang are not mutually exclusive.

I made no statement to either effect. My point was that the atheists are perfectly willing to believe what someone today tells them about what was allegedly seen through a super-duper telescope and enhanced by a super-duper computer; and then believe the theory which they say explains what the computer produced. But they dismiss eyewitness accounts of the resurrection. Intellectual snobbery at its finest.
- - - - - Faith is not a suitable substitute for the truth. - - - - -
If a person were actually able to know a real "truth", faith would not need to be a suitable substitute for that. Then again, an individual's concept or notion of the truth will never be an adequate substitute for faith.

Believing in something that you don't know to be true is just attempting to fill in the gaps in the falsehood of pretending to know. An appropriate honest answer for the gaps would be we don't know. The more we know the more the gods dissappear into the folklore.

Faith is a usefull excuse for commiting attrocities and/or making a buck or two.

Scientists don't go around killing people because they don't believe in science.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?