Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by antlers
I think there are a great many people (like you) who once embraced it, who no longer embrace it. But of ‘all’ of the reasons that you gave for no longer embracing it, NONE of those reasons have anything to do with Jesus or His teachings. And that’s my point: Of all of the people that I’ve talked to, listened to, and read their interviews and blogs and books…and there have been many dozens of them (like you) who once embraced it, but who no longer embrace it…I’ve yet to hear a story from anyone who abandoned the faith of Christianity based on anything directly related to Jesus or His teachings. I’ve yet to hear a story from anyone who abandoned the faith of Christianity based on anything directly related to the faith of Christianity ~ at least the original version anyway.
No, I absolutely have no problems with Christ's teachings. I recognise Christ as one of history's top philosophers.

I simply do not recognise Christ as supernatural.

Supernatural? The event was recorded in the book of Matthew chapter 14....specifically Matthew 14:22-33

I witnessed, on television, David Copperfield make a Boing 747 disappear into thin air.

I have seen Justin Willman float in midair.

The world witnessed Joe Biden get elected as POTUS in 2020.

The nation watched as a single deranged gunman killed JFK.

And then as another killed RFK.

I am a bit skeptical that any of these events actually happened as portrayed.

Doppelgangers, body doubles are easy when a conspiracy is 35 years in the making. And easier when recorders have centuries to perfect the telling of the story.

Just my humble opinion in answer to the OP. No attempt to convince anyone else.

So, is it correct that you are “choosing….not to believe in the biblical account of Jesus’ life, death and resurrection?”

You seem to explain away Jesus’ minisitry as a cavalcade of trickery and written falsehoods.

Or, will you say something like “God has failed to convince me?”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”