Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by efw
Jesus would have referred back to His Father’s law which He came to fulfill because we couldn’t.

He didn’t delete the law He fulfilled it for those who look to Him in faith. Those who don’t believe that He came to do that are placing their faith in themselves to fulfill it on their own behalf.

Don't know exactly what you mean by that. What does it mean when a contract is fulfilled? What would I mean if I said to you," I didn't come here to tear up your contract, I came to fulfill it." It would mean that the contract was finished and paid in full.

My understanding of the reconciliation made through the cross is that Christ’s active obedience in leading a perfect life & His passive obedience in dying fulfilled the law’s demands for those who look to Him and His work in faith. Hence I qualified fulfillment based upon a man’s faith.

Is that not your understanding? Is it your understanding that fulfillment came between Him & mankind as a whole rather than individuals? Is that what you’re getting at?