Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by antlers
Why do you men think people are leaving it nowadays…? What are some of the reasons that you men think people simply don’t believe it anymore, or no longer find it attractive…?

Between all the "new" translations of The Bible , The knowledge of what the Papists have been up to all along and what some of Gods chosen people are up to generally....

Dont get me wrong , I still believe , more than ever in fact.

It came to me that a God that can be as precisely defined as people say he is between two leather covers containing 1250 pages , is limited by the description within those pages and then limited again by how people interpret or comprehend the same ?

Even naming God is an attempt to define God and somehow places the limit of human comprehension on God as I see things. The Gnostics and Kabbalists hint at it.

The entity Ive come to believe in is without limit or parameter or definition. It simply "Is".

Nothing actual can be apart from "Is".

Is , is every atom , and the space between the particles. "Is" created the universe, remember?

This belief simplifies it considerably. My part is to be reverent, forgiving and grateful.

My part is to Love Is and treat everyone the way I'd want to be treated and I fail at that ,miserably , every day, if I were being honest. Learning to forgive others with the same short coming is where I'm trying to work in order that I may be forgiven. I suck at that too.

We are the journey, "Is" , is the destination.

Everything else is superfluous.

Others mileage will likely vary.
That's a really good post.
God told us His name - "I Am Who Am". To me, that points out His omnipotence, eternality and infinitude. His infinitude is what I see a lot of people not taking into account. There's nothing too big, too much or too ...?? for Him.

Knowing all this, what should our response to Him be? In my mind, we should do as He asks to the best of our ability.

Politics is War by Other Means