Originally Posted by antlers
I believe that our conscience, this inner moral compass that God Himself placed within each of us…that scripture also affirms…ought to always point us to right and wrong. But, because we live in a broken world (because of sin in the world), this innate and God-given moral compass within each of us can sometimes become suppressed and dulled, for a variety of reasons; we can also intentionally ignore it, just as we can intentionally ignore the moral teachings in scripture.

Satan misleads people and makes them believe their own righteousness. One reason we need the Bible is to test spirits - to determine if what they tell us is true or false.

I’m a lot more mindful of trusting in Jesus for my salvation than I am with me not sinning. Despite my best efforts, I’m gonna continue to sin, as are you. I strive to stay focused on trusting in Jesus…first and foremost, regardless of anything else, no matter what…as opposed to me focusing on my ability to not sin.
On your own efforts, that is correct. You will continue to sin. However, allowing Christ to change us, to do the heavy lifting through grace, will change us for the better. Grace is a free gift, but you have to go get it. It's not handed to you.

Politics is War by Other Means