Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Proof enough for me. No one has been able to prove that Jesus wasn't here and that He wasn't raised from the dead.
But there’s good evidence that Jesus was here, and that He was raised from the dead. Did the multiple and independent eyewitnesses to the events of Jesus’ life really see what they said they’d seen…? Could it be that all of those multiple and independent eyewitnesses were mistaken about what they said they’d seen…? Is it reasonable to believe that all of those multiple and independent eyewitnesses were mistaken…?

Christianity could’ve been squashed instantly by the Jews and the Romans if they’d taken Jesus’ dead body and paraded it around Jerusalem for several days ~ and Christianity woulda been over and done. Jesus made an empirical claim ~ He claimed to be God and predicted His own death and resurrection ~ and then He pulled it off…!

It could’ve been refuted empirically by the Jews and the Romans that wanted it refuted if they’d just produced the body and did with it what was mentioned above. But they couldn’t do that…they couldn’t produce the body…because Jesus was still using His body.

You're taking my statement out of context. It was in leiu of 1st John chapter one that I stated in my previous post. I should have edited the original but I didn't.

You are correct there is plenty of proof and much more, all that you state here are good reasons. Also the Roman guards we paid off. But my main point was that John saw, spoke with, touched and heard concerning the Word of life

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon