Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by IZH27
I am on the verge of converting to Judaism as is my son. He actually regularly attends meetings at a Jewish house of worship down around New Orleans where he lives.

The miracle of Jewish survival and the rebirth of Israel is hard to ignore.

As prophesied they have returned to their land and have become a world superpower both financially and militarily.

I have come to believe Jesus invited the rest of the world into Judaism. He clearly said he came to the lost sheep of Israel.

My DNA test shows a small amount of Jewish ancestry although as I understand that is not necessary for conversion.

If you convert to Judaism will you apologize to the Baptist church that you are a leader of? Will you finally stop calling yourself a Christian?
Probably not, I believe Jesus is who he said he is.

Which question(s) were you answering there?

Are you saying you’re a Christian even if converting to Judaism?
Well now, Christianity is a sect of Judaism. Jesus was a Jew as were most of the early Christians. He was pretty clear that he did not come to abolish the law and the prophets and he was also very clear that he came to the lost sheep of Israel. GOD was very clear that the covenant with the Jews is everlasting. Christianity nowadays and for the last many hundred years has left Jesus out except for his name. So, yes I can believe in and follow Jesus' teachings and convert to Judaism. I am studying it and considering it.

Now wait a minuet. If you want to go by what Jesus said read the whole verse. Jesus didn't come to abolish the law "but to fulfill it". What that means is that everything that the law did is finished in him. Believe what you want but don't join anything unless you can believe the teachings as they stand.