Originally Posted by antlers
Why do you men think people are leaving it nowadays…? What are some of the reasons that you men think people simply don’t believe it anymore, or no longer find it attractive…?

Good morning Antlers

The question looked familiar. I believe that a similar question was asked not that long ago but directed at the church. As I thought about that discussion and the various ways related issues have been discussed I concluded that the answer is likely the same.

As I read through the thread and consider other such discussions it seems that many answers address symptoms rather than the cause. I’m left to wonder how we find the cause collectively. I’m not yet convinced that it matters enough to most that a cause is found.

Helen Keller is credited with the following statement. “People don’t like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant”.

To answer your initial question and the second question on page seven of the thread will require most if not all of the Christian readers of the thread to engage in introspection that requires personal change on several levels. That isn’t likely to happen even for yourself if the question isn’t embraced. Until we are willing to embrace the question at that level can it truly be answered? I don’t think that it can. Maybe it’s better to say that I don’t think that it will.