Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Willto
Something caused all of this to happen. Self aware beings made out of meat didn't just spontaneously erupt up out a barren rock spinning through the universe.
And yet people who can't believe that to be true turn around and in the next breath and profess their belief in a God that apparently sprang forth from nothing.
Attributing the creation of the universe to a god doesn't solve any grand mystery. Because the question simply shifts to, "Where did this god come from?" What made him?
Are you assuming that professing Christians are on a quest to solve some Grand Mystery?

I am pointing out the double standard of those who ridicule people over the notion that the matter and life of the universe could spring forth from nothing and develop on its own while simultaneously believing that a specific creator god, for which they have no evidence of, made the universe by some means they also fail to explain. If all things had to come from something then were did god come from? About the only answer you will get is the attempt to grant their god special exemption status and claim that he has always existed. Another convenient double standard as they also ridicule the notion that perhaps the universe has always existed in some form or another and that we are just currently living in its latest incarnation.

You may not like it but I'm just being honest. I do not know how the universe started. But here's what I can promise you, no one posting here knows either. Some like to pretend that they do based on a book written 2000 years ago by people who knew even less about the true nature of the universe than your average 3rd grader does today.

Last edited by Willto; 01/24/23.