Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The Judeos and the Christians had a fairly serious schism here while back. Maybe you heard about it.

You can't stack their beliefs in the same basket.

I understand what you are saying. I think I heard something about it. grin

The truth of the matter is that Jesus of Nazareth was a Jew. More specifically, a Rabbi, a Jewish Theologian. He never stopped being a Jew. He came to show us the true nature of God.
It was man and his failures which led the Jews down the wrong path.

The beliefs in God's love, mercy and grace are the same. The Jews, since Moses, have lived under The Law.
Christ came to fulfill that Law and remove all of us from under the curse of it. You can't forget the underlying principals of Judaism (not talking about the law!) nor how it was the basis for that thing we call "Christianity". That's why I refer to it as "Judeo-Christian".

Ed
From Psalms and the early prophets, it was written that the coming messiah would be the rejected stone who would become the cornerstone of God's church. Jesus came exactly for that purpose and he appointed 12 apostles to spread his word among the Jews. He fulfilled the law by becoming the sacrifice to end all sacrifices. All of those 100's of pages of laws and rituals were fulfilled at the cross, never to be needed again.
However, as prophesied, the Jews rejected it. Jesus then picked a 13th apostle, Paul, and sent him to the gentiles. Paul was an apostle but different from the others. His entire mission was different. The gentiles had never been under the law before Paul and he made it clear that they still weren't. He worked hard to prevent the gentiles from being dragged back under the Jewish laws that had failed so badly. For the most part, that's us. Paul wrote much of the NT to the gentiles, us, telling us how to live for the Lord, separate from the man made rules of the Jews. Also, with Peter's vision, we were freed from the dietary laws of the Jews.
The apostles and church elders met at Jerusalem to decide how to deal with the new gentile converts. It was decided, with the word from the Holy Spirit, that gentiles were to avoid food sacrificed to idols, blood, meat that had been strangled, and sexual immorality. Outside of those rules, the gentile converts were given a free rein. Today, we are far freer from rules than the Jews had ever been.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.