Originally Posted by BobinNH
As fa as I low from having had several original Bansner stocks,solid fiberglass pillars were molded into the stock,as opposed to adding them afterwards,as we do with some other designs. But each stock had to be bedded to the rifle.

Seems that has been replaced by the aluminum bedding blocks, probably to facilitate easier manufacturing on a mass basis as opposed to the older design which required individual bedding of each stock,which would be more expensive and time consuming....one of those little things we do for ourselves or paid Bansners to do for us...a "custom" touch. Not something we usually get in a production rifle.

Bob, I've had a couple Bansners and did the work on them myself. To my knowledge they never came with pillars. IMO, one of the best "pillars" to use to keep weight down is carbon arrow shafts cut, and epoxied in. Aluminum ain't needed.

I have no interest in these rifles at all, I'm only interested in the stock for use on M70's... I think the Bansner for the pre-64 M70 is a great stock with its straight comb and addition of a cheekpiece. Aids in getting "into the scope" that of needs is mounted higher on a pre-64 than on a Classic.

I would greatly appreciate a response from Reed as to their average painted weight.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery