I agree, reserving judgement on whether the scope actually works/tracks well is one thing. I just LOVE "riflescope reviews" in which the scope is never even mounted/shot, but a conclusion is arrived at in regards to it's quality, nevertheless.

However, there are some things that should be self evident. For example, I am quite certain the Schott HT glass will produce a quality viewing experience. And I am also quite certain that I'd not pay $10 for a model with said BDC reticle.

I am just trying to figure out some particulars that will give me a good reading as to quality for price.

They are not exactly cheap scopes. And there are some features I like and don't like. Competition is stiff. A new company/product needs a way to make itself stand out from the pack. There are optics companies popping up right and left. Different names but most all made by just a small handful of Asian firms. Some better than others. Most in the same price range are made by the same companies and are nearly all the same in regards to internal designs/glass.

Fact is, different companies have different names for the same $hit they peddle. Listening to fools argue which is better out of Jap scopes that are basically the same internally with same quality of glass made in same plant gets old. Guess what? Same [bleep] with different name/cosmetics.

Some are completely made in house, and many are contracted out, often with more than one company getting it's mitts on the same scope line. Often dictated by who can get the work done at any given time. Others are simply contracted to the highest bidder.

But I won't get into all that.

Just trying to figure out which of the above Tract is. Either way, the guys seem to have a passion for what they do, and that helps immeasurably.

Trevor & Jon---good luck in your endeavor. Don't f*ck it up grin