Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
MPBR isn't "long range"; that's a mistake I've seen elsewhere. Chuck Hawk biffs rather spectacularly on that regard on his Rifle Pages, which I find amusing at best..... Anyway, my only point is that "long range" starts well beyond 330 yards/MPBR, and there's a plethora of details in shooting LR, details in which the Devil can and will reside. smile

Where did I elude to anything long range for my hunting? And where does it say anything about being the end all, be all long range hunting scope in here?:

https://www.tractoptics.com/products/riflescopes/toric-3-15x42-t-plex

Probably 90% of the hunting population neither gives a ratsazzz or needs dots/hashes/ etc to get stuff killed, myself included. That being said, I will eventually fart around with a SS 3-9MQ to see what all the fuss is about.

JG,

Here's the problem with the way it's advertised:

"The TORIC is the riflescope for the long-range hunter and shooter."

"3-15x42 TORIC is engineered for the hunter who needs the very best whether hunting in the hardwoods or over a long range bean field."

The fact that it's designed with 1/4" per 100 yard clicks, rather than factors of true MOA or Mils, runs contrary to the above claims...