Originally Posted by JGRaider
So a NF NXS, SS, Bushy HDMR's, Huskemaw's are the same, since they're all made in the same Japanese factory?

Not so sure they are all made in same factory.

What's more, I believe NF designs their own scopes. They are not one of the companies who utilizes what I would call the "classic Japanese design". Such as found on scopes like Nikon, Weaver, Bushnell, etc., etc.

Back when I was real into caring about this stuff, which I no longer am, I found that only the U.S. companies designed their own scopes. Meaning Leupold, Redfield, Weaver (micro trac scopes), Burris.

The other big name Jap scopes used the same basic designs generated on the same Jap computer programs. Little to no difference in quality, reliability.

They now have optics houses in Thailand, Phillipines, China, etc. Sometimes these firms are contracted out by larger firms, and sometimes they compete directly against them. I will pick on Nikon again (to support my earlier statement about them) and say that they contracted out to the lowest bidder. That's why they no longer say Japan on them. Profit was more important than quality. Make no mistake, Japan is still years ahead of the other Pacific rim mfgs........