Originally Posted by bhoges
They are tested to 1000G in recoil testing. All the scopes have the same specs in that regards. Hey, anything mechanical can and will fail. The rate these scopes has failed has been very low. I purchased a Swarovski STR80mm spotter that failed in a few months. That's a 4k spotter. People have to realize there is a big difference between military grade optics and hunting grades. Tract scopes offer exceptional value for the price but cutting out the middle man. I realize rifles are tools and at times they suffer from different types of abuse. When I test a scope I use targets from Box to Bench Precision. I also drop the butt of the stock a bunch of times on concrete. I have no interest in throwing my rifle to test a scope. There are too many variables and its not a valid test. Whose to say the stock, rings, base, or gun failed? Maybe the scope was fine and something else went wrong. I do testing in a laboratory and everything must be repeatable and calibrated. You need standards in any test. All I can say is try one yourself and you'll be impressed. Take what you want from reviews and make your own decision.

Excellent response.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first