Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by bwinters

An idea: a bunch of us could buy a Toric, send it to FormD to test, then sell it afterward and recover whatever money we can. I'd be in for $40. In my mind this is cheap R&D for all of us on the 'Fire. It would also be worth spending $40 to settle the 'debate'. Right now all we have is a couple of drop tests (FormD and JCMCubic) and 2 scopes that moved upon impact.........

Need to state that on my test it could just have likely been the mounts or action seating, etc. SWFA 6x failed the same test....and again, it's just as likely it was another link in the rings/base/action chain. Both the Toric and the SWFA were rezero'd and all was well. The "test" I did isn't a fair test as it doesn't effect only the scope. Even if it was only the scope....it was an ~5' drop directly on the scope 3 times in a row....it's pretty harsh.

Same rifle with same Tract Toric scope took a long tumble down a steep hillside while hunting when a sling swivel stripped and was still zero'd when I checked it. It's adjusted perfectly with a lot of dialing and returned to 0 perfectly.

The only way I see to settle this is to do as bwinters suggests and have Tract send a Toric to Form to test (if he has the time and inclination....he may not want to mess with the drama). He tests in a standardized and repeatable manner. It could make or break Tract's reputation.

I’m not impressed by anyone that claims they’d take a bushnell over a S&B if their life was on the line.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first