Originally Posted by JGRaider
My testing involves, first of all, me personally purchasing the scope. Yes, I run a box/tracking test, then proceed to load workup, and verifying stuff out to 600 yds (far as my range goes). Then I proceed to kill the ever lovin' schittt outa hogs....hundreds of them per year with said scope and various bullets. Throw in about 20 cull whitetail does a year, a whitetail and muley buck or two, another 5-10 aoudad culls, and that would be the extent of my scope testing. I'd guess (and it's purely a guess) that only 10% of this shooting required dialing.

In 46 years of doing this, I've had only one scope, a Swaro A 3-10x42 go tits up while actually shooting at an animal, which happened to be a big 190" mule deer buck. Shot the poor thing to pieces. I had one other scope, a leupy VX3 that quit tracking so I sent it back, they fixed it and installed a B&C reticle, and all is well again after a couple of years of "testing". Swaro fixed that scope and I sold it.

I don't give a flying crap about probabilities, forumulas, extrapolating failures, or any other crap like that. I test gear like I test gear, described above. Once again, the Toric is performing very well.

Feel free to tell me what's wrong with my testing procedure.

I actually rely on your testing procedure and experience, JGRaider, as well as some other hunters that I read on the forum and on this topic..