Trystan,

"In fact though its not contained in this thread Mule Deer I believe made the statement that you are getting more for less money with the Tract optic."

I did not make that statement. What I have written about the Tract Toric 3-15x42 I've tested (and have continued to test for well over a year now) is that the adjustments have worked perfectly so far, and the optics rated the best for the least price any I've ever tested on my night-time optics chart.

I started testing this particular scope on one of my usual scope-busters, a very accurate Heym .300 Winchester Magnum, using a load that averages around 1/2" for 3-shot groups at 100 yards, the 210 Berger VLD at around 2950 fps. The scope worked perfectly out to 1000 yards, cranking it both up and down to shoot at various ranges from 200-1000, and then when I turned it back to the 100-yard zero again it put three into the usual small cluster, exactly where it had been zeroed to start. All together I fired about 55-60 rounds of that load, as I recall.

Did NOT do a "drop test," however. I should probably also mention that the .300 has steel Talley bases Acra-Glassed to the receiver, and the scope was mounted in steel Talley rings.

Then I mounted the Torix on my much lighter NULA .30-06, also a very accurate rifle, and it worked perfectly for several dozen rounds as well. The NULA has Talley Lightweights (which are actually NULA-designed rings) Loc-Tited to the receiver. Also did not do a "drop test" with the NULA.

Since then I've put the scope on 3-4 other rifles as well, though none that recoil as much as the .300 or .30-06, and it has continued to work correctly, after hundreds or rounds.

Admittedly that is ONE scope, but have heard reports from several other hunters who bought Torics and have gotten the same sort of results--though none have performed a "drop test."

Tract is one of a few companies that directly market made-in-Asia optics on the Internet, instead of going through the standard distribution channels. I've tested (and own) optics from other such firms (including a number of SWFA scopes, and binoculars from Tract and Maven) and they have all provided above-average performance for the price among the dozens of optics I test every year.

But admittedly I don't do "drop tests" with scopes. Never have, and probably never will. Instead I mount them on harder-kicking rifles and shoot them for a while, to see if they quit working correctly. Quite a few quit, often within the first 50-100 rounds. In fact I've now had 19 brands of riflescopes (not individual scopes) fail in some way, either right out of the box or after some shooting, some that cost quite a bit. In fact during the past month had one retailing for over $2000 fail within 50 rounds, and it was a brand with a great reputation for ruggedness. In fact have never had one of that brand fail before, but anything mechanical made by humans can screw up. So again, my Tract Toric is only an example of one.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck