I've been reading this whole thread without comment. First, I think bhodges is a better spokesman for Tract. I've seen his reviews/posts before and he seems to know of what he speaks. Second, I'm one of those Tract customers who was spooked by FormD's testing of the Tract. I actually had one and returned it before mounting it.

I have a slightly different view of the drop test - within reason I like them. My Burris E1 hit the pavement last year after my buddy accidentally kicked it over. I've fallen and dropped my rifle, I've knocked them over leaning against a tree, I've had them thrown inside a gun case (airline) - in short a hunting rifle is going to incur significant impact from directions other than recoil. Throwing tests aren't overly repeatable but are better than simply hoping they don't move when the inevitable impact happens. I'm not a Stick fan but his throwing test was a bit extreme - but proved a point. I think its reasonable to do a 'drop test' like FormD did regardless of the exact impact direction/angle/velocity can't be exactly repeated.

An idea: a bunch of us could buy a Toric, send it to FormD to test, then sell it afterward and recover whatever money we can. I'd be in for $40. In my mind this is cheap R&D for all of us on the 'Fire. It would also be worth spending $40 to settle the 'debate'. Right now all we have is a couple of drop tests (FormD and JCMCubic) and 2 scopes that moved upon impact.........

Last edited by bwinters; 06/19/18.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.