Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by GrimJim
I have no idea how the adjustment tracking compares to the SS 10x42 (nor does any one else for that matter)......

How is it that you can make such a sweeping conclusion as to what other people don't know?

That's easy. I haven't seen results on this forum from a test comparing them both under the same conditions. I have seen results from rigorous testing of the SS 10x42 adjustments under conditions that could reasonably be called "military use.". I have seen laboratory tests and field test results on the Tract Toric, mostly good, under conditions that could reasonably called "hunting use". I have seen a lot of opinion about the Toric, mostly bad, based on an extensive test under conditions that could reasonably be called "military use" of a scope that wasn't a Toric and wasn't built in the same facility or country as the Toric.

I see a lot of opinion on scopes from persons who have never owned, tried or tested that scope. I see opinions from people who would never buy or try a scope that they have never owned because it's so bad or its too new. That's not knowledge.