I actually have a Tract Toric 3-15 and it doesn't just sit on a pretty rifle and get used during a limited hunting season or comfy visits to the range- its out hunting and being banged around almost every week of the year. If its not hunting its on the range. So far this year I have harvested 13 deer in very harsh and challenging conditions. Its about 8 months old and its introduction to life was enduring a 9000 mile journey to get here, and since has travelled many miles uncovered on the front of my Quade and in my ute. Not to mention my falls and tumbles.

The 'scope has a ballistic turret on it which works well and always returns to zero. Its been dialled countless times. I checked the zero for the first time in several months last week and it was absolutely spot on. It is on a reasonably high recoiling 300saum.

As I have said in another thread I rate the glass about the same as my Zeiss HD5.

The things I don't like is the fiddly push/pull parallax adjustment stop - I would prefer more tension and no stop. The field of view is slightly less than other comparable scopes I have (VX6 and HD5) but its minimal and not an issue.

Development wise, I don't think Tract have hit the sweet spot between their biggest tactical scope and the 3-15 Toric. I would like to see a 3-15 with a more rugged 30mm tube and more reticle adjustment, and coming in under 23 oz. Illumination would be a nice option too.

In regards to tracking, here's a precautionary tale; I recommended Tract to a hunting friend so he bought a Toric 3-15. He put it onto his 300WM and it wouldn't track - he kept getting extreme fliers - so back it went to Tract. They did a tracking test and sent him photos - perfect. It has turned out that his 300WSM wasn't stabilising the 110 Barnes that he thought that he had sorted using a previous 'scope.

Having said all of this I do think that Tract over pump their 'scopes (especially the lower end ones) and that their marketing is too slick and too commercial. Less slick and yap, and letting their products speak for themselves is an approach I would prefer, and it might have attracted less criticism. Let the customers speak more - that's what Athlon have done and its worked well for them...and they are mostly made in China.