Originally Posted by Formidilosus
I wouldn’t say SWFA is as reliable or durable as Nightforce- no one can make that claim//...//The 3-9x42mm SWFA is equel/better than Leupold VX3. The 5-20x50mm is Swarovski Z5 level.

...which is precisely why I purchased a Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 most recently. I need to scope another rifle, but it's tame compared to what the Nightforce is on, so, I thought I would give the SS 5-20x50 a try. I'm at a disadvantage in that I've never been able to use a SS...the shooters at my gun club tend toward using very economical scopes with Leupold being the predominant choice of most of the shooters, followed by various Wal Mart blister pack-type scopes. I have to rely on what the shooters on here have to say about the various SS scopes.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating here; I consider what Formidilosus says about scopes, and rifles, as gospel. Only the Lord knows how many millions of rounds he has shot in his career. The man is an organic Google when it comes to shooting precision rifles.