Originally Posted by Pappy348
People see what they want to see. People complain about reticles, glass, weight, size... What do you want to bet that every single person that claims they “can’t see” the reticle, or the glass is “ok”- would have ZERO issues finding and killing a 200” buck standing in front of them in legal light...?

You'd lose that bet, guaranteed, at least as to the reticle. I've tested my SS MIL/MIL near the end of legal shooting hours, in the shadows of my own yard, and I'd be hard-pressed to make an accurate shot with it under those lighting conditions. Others, even the Bushnell Trophy XLT 3-9 duplex I just paid a whopping $60 for on clearance, were perfectly usable, because the heavy portion of the reticle extends to nearly the center. That's not speculation, it's the way it is. In the open, even open hardwoods after the leaves are down, it'd be fine, but I need something I can aim with where the game goes, not where I'd like them to.

No argument with anything else you've said, but I see what I see.

Reticles matter. Thicker subtensions are going to be easier to see in dim light and heavy brush or areas with broken backgrounds.