Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by JGRaider
It is quite obvious that no matter what bhoges, MD, anyone who has experience (actual use), or evenTract themselves says or could say about this new line of scopes (and binos) will be half way satisfied with anything posted. It will be picked, nitpicked, and raked over the coals to death, quite obviously. We'll keep using the one I have to smack steel, hogs, and mule deer.

Yup. Kinda amazing the amount of hard data wanted for a $700 purchase. Wonder if they insisted on that much info on their wives before they married them. Maybe Form would be willing to put prospective brides through their paces too.

You bring up a good point. I assume you met you wife and had a shotgun wedding the next day? Some guys, like myself, are sticklers and wanted to get some “hard data” by dating their prospective wives for 6, 12, or even 24 whole months before committing.

ctsmith was absolutely right when he said, essentially, that guys who havent’t experienced many scope failures may not worry about the track record of their chosen scope models so much. I’ve personally lost enough hair, and spend enough time, frustration, and money diagnosing and dealing with scope failures, that these days I stick with using scopes that I know are going to work properly and keep on ticking, based on their historical mechanical integrity and failure rate. It’s not just the $700 that I’m gambling, it’s also the cost of ammo and the time invested that I lose when working with faulty gear. It’s the same reason that I have a used car thoroughly inspected before buying- I want to do my due diligence before buying, to make sure I’m not getting into something that will only cause me headaches down the road. When Daewoo came out with their line of cars, some people looked at the spec sheet and jumped on board, while others waited for the Consumer Reports and reliability feedback to come out before taking a gamble. This is no different.