I wanteda barn gun, so I got an especially cheap Rem 783 in 223 for less than 300$ with a toy scope on it. Discarded it and put one of the utterly useless "Response" 2.5-10 scopes on it. This was done just to see if the scope was worth the bucks, and the rifle as one i didnt care about scratching it. It gets tossed in the truck, dogs have knocked it down and it has been handled with little respect since I got it last year. Sighting in was done without any special effort, the optics are quite respectable even compared with Meostars, dialing seems to follow the designated specs and it has held zero. Any dialing on turrets seems to be spot on. The vermin zapper will pop a 4" steel plate virtually 100% at 300M.
I find the styling a bit clunky, but the glass is all I could ask for compared to some more pricey scopes. The mechanics to date have been reliable as far as i have used them. I have not run the little thing thru any scientifically valid testing but the seat of my pants says it was money reasonably spent. So here we have one scope selected at random that performs as advertised that is counterpoised against one that has failed miserably. My only conclusion is that mine was truly random and paid for by me alone and as such I am satisfied.
My qualifications are nebulous. I have been a BR shooter for over 30 years, successful at times. I have broken a handful of scopes a few respected names and Iv probably fired well over 100K rounds from 22rf to 375 family.

precision is group shooting, accuracy is hitting your intended target.