I wouldn’t say SWFA is as reliable or durable as Nightforce- no one can make that claim. To do so means that a company would need to test every single scope that left their factory for function and zero retention with impacts. However, SWFA has proven to be very reliable and is only second behind NF of any scopes I’ve seen or used for problem free service.

Most of the people talking about the glass in the SWFA’s are either talking about something they’ve never seen or compared, or are just repeating what they’ve been told. When I first started using SWFA’s heavily in 2010, everyone commented on how good the glass was in the 3-9x and 6x thinking they were a NF or S&B as that’s what most of the other scopes we were using were, and they had no idea who SWFA was.

People see what they want to see. People complain about reticles, glass, weight, size... What do you want to bet that every single person that claims they “can’t see” the reticle, or the glass is “ok”- would have ZERO issues finding and killing a 200” buck standing in front of them in legal light...?

I’m drinking coffee looking at $5,000 scopes, $300 scopes, and everything in between. I would hunt any animal in the world with the SS scopes and not think twice about.

The 3-9x42mm SWFA is equel/better than Leupold VX3. The 5-20x50mm is Swarovski Z5 level.