Originally Posted by Scottyman
Originally Posted by NZSika
Here's a Fallow spiker shot on dusk last night with my Toric 3-15. Excellent light and definition. Dialed ballistic turret to 275 yards and centre of shoulder hit. Nothing unusual here, have done it many times with this 'scope out to 500 yards or so.

A lot of people on here are dissing the Tracts without ever having owned one. I know they will take the knocks and have classy glass, but am also prepared to put up, so I have a 3-15 SWFA moa on its way to try and to compare. The SWFA will get a thorough work out.

Through experience and working them hard, I already know that the Tract is the equal of the Zeiss HD5.

[Linked Image]

Optically equal to the HD5? I was hoping the Toric would be better since, personally, I found the HD5 to be less than stellar optically.

I was meaning all round utility and reliability.

Glass wise and in particular for sharpness the Topic is superior to the HD5.

I like the reticle on the Toric better, but do like the pull up/locking exposed turrets on the HD5 for dialling. Both dial reliably. Ive had the HD5 for 5 years or so and its been back to the factory once for dirt on the reticle. This is not unusual for them - a quality control issue.