Originally Posted by Beaver10
WAM, Not a bad question...For me personally, if a scope is being portrayed as a higher, repeatedly performing optic that suffers fatalities that begin with a 12” drop to a Padded Mat” and then suffers zeroing issue from the soft drop...That’s a red flag. And, that’s right out of the gate for testing by a professional gun and optics user/expert with no agenda.

The problem that gets people “flamed” is instead of calling it a potential issue that may be isolated to just this scope and another scope is offered up for the same-same test. Marketing wants to explore every other potential reason for the failure even going so far as to say in essence the tester had an agenda to prove failure...Or, the scope was passed around like a drunk prom queen runner-up and it’s unknown condition of the scope at the time the Pro shooter/user/tester received it was already damaged, making the test unfair.

I Rep’d high end products for over 20 years. Schit happens! If it’s important to a manufacturer to remedy a core belief based on a test by an individual who is respected almost unanimously that went contrary to the marketing message for the scope...You simply say, “this scope appears to have failed.” I will order up another scope for a test. Then me, as the rep, and my company would look forward to what is learned so we can say either the first scope was a “one off failure”, if the new scope test performed perfectly.

Should the new scope fail again, like the first scope...The information is fed back to the company and either improvements are made to correct the issues uncovered twice...Or, the marketing message gets changed to “It has great optical clarity and will perform above your expectation if mounted on a 22LR...Just my opinion...And I only speak for 1/2 % of the Fire members. 😎

It is all about comparable products and expectations.

Test a $600.00 hunting scope against a big heavy $2,200. model, and treat them both like a basketball.

Things can happen. This is no surprise. I speak for 95% of Fire members.