Originally Posted by GrimJim
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by GrimJim
I have no idea how the adjustment tracking compares to the SS 10x42 (nor does any one else for that matter)......

How is it that you can make such a sweeping conclusion as to what other people don't know?

That's easy. I haven't seen results on this forum from a test comparing them both under the same conditions. I have seen results from rigorous testing of the SS 10x42 adjustments under conditions that could reasonably be called "military use.". I have seen laboratory tests and field test results on the Tract Toric, mostly good, under conditions that could reasonably called "hunting use". I have seen a lot of opinion about the Toric, mostly bad, based on an extensive test under conditions that could reasonably be called "military use" of a scope that wasn't a Toric and wasn't built in the same facility or country as the Toric.

I see a lot of opinion on scopes from persons who have never owned, tried or tested that scope. I see opinions from people who would never buy or try a scope that they have never owned because it's so bad or its too new. That's not knowledge.

I've run the 2-10x42 Toric against the 6x42 MOA-QUAD SWFA on tracking with a simple 15 MOA up/down tracking test. Both tracked and returned to 0 perfectly.

I've spent more time dialing with the 2-10x42 Toric over the past several months than any other scope. It hasn't faltered yet. I should note that I'm only dialing a max of 18 MOA which for some folks might be shorter than they need...for me it gets me out to 700 yards even with a 100 yard 0. At any rate, it has returned to 0 every time, even trying to tune in Tokyo by dialing up/down in between shots.

I've got some more testing I'm waiting to do with it comparing to a couple of other scopes. I'll go ahead and say, for my use and preferences, it's the top of the heap right now for how I use a hunting scope. I keep waiting to find something where it doesn't adjust or return to 0 perfectly but I haven't. If I find a fault with it I'll post but so far it's been perfect.