I met the co founder of tract, I think his name is Jon at a local trade show a few months back. Nice guy who talked to me at length about optics. this can't be restated the scope formadillo tested was I think their cheapest line that is built in the Philippines. Probably the same factory that build nikon's stuff and likely vortex stuff too. The Toric line is built but LOW in japan. Please understand there is a huge gap in quality in a LOW japan scope and one built in china or the phillipines, let me say again HUGE gap. IMO LOW japan is involved is one of only a couple factories in the world capable of building scopes that track like we want. Heck its very possible they also build the SWFA SS scopes as well.

The way it works is optics companies spec what they want to these factories. These optics makers offer various standards that adhere to a price point. Want better tracking? spend more at LOW for a higher tracking spec. Same for glass quality. As time has went by all but a couple of my optics are LOW built or in the case of nightforce from my understanding LOW builds the parts and NF assembles it in the US. unless its some high end euro scope, LOW is the factory you want making your long range scope. with all that said formadillo needs to test a LOW built toric scope. I would be very very interested to see what he comes up with. The drop test he did IMO is extremely valid. While I don't agree with everything form spouts. I thought his testing was vary thorough and very interesting.

Lastly I told Jon, at tract what I thought. Frankly why buy a tract optic? its a boutique brand that in the past these companies have come and gone and you end up with an optic that has no resale and no support if it breaks. I told him they should focus on mechanical tracking. Frankly there are tons of other optics out there that IMO make a lot more sense to buy than a tract. However our options are limited on scopes that track mechanically. I think they should make this their trait rather than glass or anything else. put up some videos of the scopes being tested mechanically. Provide a guarantee the optic will function mechanically. basically sell us this over just another scope in a highly competitive market.