Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
[
Originally Posted by jackmountain
You should make a video of yourself abusing it, include that DVD with it and sell it to Cummins cowboy. He's in the market for just that apparently.

its not "abuse" its simply testing the scope. did you watch the video I showed of NF testing procedures? They have a fixture that checks the scopes zero retention. They also check erector travel with some sort of machine. The point isn't to video abuse, but rather show the scope passing a factory test that includes simulated recoil and accuracy of adjustment. I have my own testing I conduct on every scope I mount now. I would video the view through the scope but I am not sure what people are using to do that. Here is some testing I would like to see as part of what I am talking about. this is similiar to the setup I do, I just don't know how this guy videos it.

Targetsusa.com sells something called a scope tool on their sight. You mount a scope on it and with a reference target you move the turret through its adjustments and it'll show if the adjustments are repeatable. You could set it up and dial a scope daily for a few weeks and get a feeling on its ability. Not explaining myself very well but check it out. 250 bucks. And you could do a mechanical tracking test.

Last edited by sidepass; 06/20/18.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.