My father bought one of the first Rem 700s in 7mm Mag in the early 1960s. He liked it so much he bought one for my grandfather. When my brother and I got to the age to start hunting both of us got 700s in 7mm Mag. When my father and grandfather passed on their rifles went to my nephews and are still slaying game. So in my family alone you have a total of 4 rifles in 7mm Mag and 2 of them have been in the field for more than 50 years. I got mine in 1976 when I was 13 (I am 56 right now) and my brother who is one year older than me got his in 1975. I have no idea how many heads of game these rifles have accounted for but mine alone has taken more than 70 deer, about 20 elk, about 15 pronghorns, 2 bighorn sheep, a mountain goat, 2 black bear, over 100 hogs and has been to Africa 5 times.

I always handloaded and settled on 160 gr Noslers (both partitions and accubonds) and RL-22 powder. Mine wears an old Leupold 3x9 that has been on it since about 1978 or so. I'm one of those "if it ain't broke don't try to fix it" kind of guys. I play with a lot of other rifles and have a real sweet spot for the 9.3x62 Mauser but when push comes to shove and I am really serious about putting meat in the freezer you'll find me with that old 7mm in my hands. It just plain works for what I need a rifle to do.

Last edited by MAC; 04/09/20. Reason: Typo

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!