I’ve owned one 7mm Rem Mag, in the 1980s IIRC, when I was in my 30s. It was a Rem 700 Sendero. My first really accurate rifle. I developed some very accurate loads for it and shot several thousand rounds through it, all from the bench at the range. Never used it to hunt. I eventually used the action to have a 300 H&H built, which I still have.

I am not a fan of the 7mm Rem Mag and have moved to 300 mags for heavier cartridges in this class, and to the 6.5s for lighter cartridges. I find that 7mm Rem Mag rifles are usually as heavy as 300 mags, but IMO don’t offer any advantage. My 300 mags (short, standard, ultra) all propel heavier bullets at least as fast as the 7mm Rem Mag which I believe make them more effective for larger game, without markedly increased recoil. I don’t anticipate owning another 7mm Rem Mag.

The only 7mm I currently own is a 7x57, which I intend to keep because of its classic history and good performance from a relatively small case with reasonable recoil and light rifle weight.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now