I am 42 this year. Saved and saved all I could from processing firewood to shoveling driveways to buy my first center fire which was a post 64 PF Model 70. Parents had to go do the paperwork. All I used early on was about about 81 grains of H870 and 140 Partitions. Had a bit extra to buy a used 4x Redfield. Rifle came with Burris rings and bases.

Took a few truck loads of deer during hunting season and during the winter over apple orchard cull permits with the 140 Partition. Thought it was the kiss of death to whatever I pointed it at. Got to hunt moose and caribou at 17 and thought the 140 was kinda light so I used the original Barnes X 160 over H870. Not nearly as accurate but worked for a 45” BC moose and a small bou. Used it for my first handful of elk and deer and loved it.

Like a pile of you others, after I joined the Marine Corps decided I needed more rifles and hunted with a 300 Win, 270 WSM, and a bunch of others. Met BobinNH and reamed it to 7 Mashburn. Took some elk and deer with it. Now that rifle is my best hunting buddies rifle with a new stock and still killing elk.

I currently use a Weaver 7 Mashburn Super and 7 WSM for my 7 Rem Fix. Love the cartridge and it’s still my first pick when someone asks for an elk rifle.

Awesome memories fellas. Bob Hagel and BobinNH would be smiling!

Semper Fi