I have a 7 Rem. Mag. that I bought off a Gun Broker Auction for $ I 205.00 and have no idea how many rounds have gone down the tube. I've shot everythng from 140 grain Ballistic Tips to 168 grain Bergers and all in between. It really shoots 150 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips the best. I love the Noslers and will soon try some Partitions. About 7 years back it went full tilt Bozo on me. It had always been one of my most accurate rifles. Then it opened up all of a sudden to 5 inch groups. I mean one day it's shooting MOA and the next 5 inch groups. WTH!!! I immediately suspected my barrel was burned. I always jump to stupid conclusions and have to sit back and make myself think. I went back to the range with a different load that had always shot good. Same thing, 5 inch groups. I put it back in the safe and forgot about it for awhile. Then I was reading something about some guy that had the same thing happen. And he pointed out that if it's the barrel it's not going to do that from one day to another. BINGO! My brain kicked in. His problem was his scope mount. So I started checking things out in detail. I looked over the mounts and scope. All looked fine. Then I got my screw driver out. This had Weaver style claw mounts on the rings. When I tried to tighten one of the claw mounts to the base it wouldn't tighten up. I thought it was stripped. But on further examination I found it was Broke. It completely fooled me. Everything looked normal until I put a screw driver in it. I bought another set of rings and re-zeroed it and everything reset. It was back to shooting sub MOA. This is something i knew, always check for loose or broken mounting bolts. But in the heat of the moment I suspected the worst and forgot to check things out thoroughly. I suspected the worst Instead of looking for the most obvious.

Last edited by Filaman; 07/29/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!