I bought my 700 Adl in July of 1970 I was 15 years old. One of the early ones with the Hart ss barrel . For 7 years it had Weaver bases ,rings, and a 2 x 7 weaver variable .Lost it's gas and after having it fixed I put on a 243, the 7 got Redfield jr 1 piece base and redfield rings for a new Vari X lll 2.5 x 8 with cpc crosshair it's been on there since June of 1978. Only time it needs the zero checked and adjusted is changing to a new load. Whitetails, mule deer , antelope, and a Rocky mtn goat more than a few varmints. After 44 years of shooting that Hart barrel was shot out and I had it rebarreled with a new 700 take off barrel. Still a sweet shooter.120 nbt ,139 gr Horn SP & btsp's. 140-175 gr NPR's as well as many others .Dead reliable killer as long as you do your part right. Like it so well that I had a chance to pick up a 7 RSAUM M 7ss and I did because I was sure it would the same on game in a lighter package. I am 65 so I have had it and used it for 50 years... Magnum_Bob

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "