I'm rather surprised at lots of the guys having multiple rifles in the same chambering. I chose to keep improving the original M700 BDL that I had. My favorite 7mm RM story is when I loaned it to my 85 year old dad. Now dad was the kind of guy who sighted in his 8x57 Mauser on a cardboard box over the hood of the car and minute of box was just fine. Dad was pretty ambivalent about deer hunting and after selling off that Mauser, he and mom wintered in Arizona. Years before when dad did hunt, I made him a blind that he could find and cut him a shooting lane. Well, at 85 he got too old to winter out west anymore, so he said that he and another elderly friend were going up to the cabin to deer hunt and could he borrow a rifle? Fast forward to opening day and dad nails a 10 point buck with that 7 mag. I don't know who was more surprised, the deer or dad or me? Picture those two old timers trying to get a big buck out of the woods. Those two drank scotches celebrating for the rest of the weekend. I sure miss that old coot.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory